Need to Know
- Downloadable Abstract
- Schedule Finder
- Presenter Guidelines (Oral / Poster)
- Activity Locator
- Programme Highlights
- Conference Committees
The International Union of Materials Research Societies (IUMRS) is launching a new Global Materials Network (GMN). As an inaugural meeting of GMN, IUMRS is pleased to announce a new conference designed specifically with young researchers in mind, the International Conference of Young Researchers on Advanced Materials (ICYRAM).
The mission of ICYRAM is to provide a platform for researchers under the age of 40 to present technical findings of their research, to network within the international community of other young researchers, and to increase the breadth of their general materials-based knowledge.
There will also be opportunities for young researchers to seek the insight and advice of successful senior researchers through plenary sessions and instructive seminars.
Panel sessions will be held in both small and large settings, for focused and general discussions. The aim is to create an environment for interaction and the exchange of perspectives across a broad range of materials-related topics.
Encouraged by six successful editions of ICMAT, the Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S) is excited to be involved with the first edition of this conference which will be held in Singapore, 1-6 July, 2012.
ICYRAM 2012 Conference Photos: https://plus.google.com/110611947754154931975/photos?banner=pwa
Conference Speakers (View details)
- Subra SURESH, National Science Foundation, USA
- Stanley WHITTINGHAM, State University of New York at Binghamton and Stony Brook, USA
- Kam W. LEONG, Duke University, USA
- Harry ATWATER, California Institute of Technology, USA
- H.K. CHUNG, Samsung Mobile Display, Korea
- Stuart PARKIN, IBM Research - Almaden, USA
- Fiorenzo OMENETTO, Tufts University, USA
- Christian JOACHIM, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France
- Federico ROSEI, Université du Québec, Canada
- Joerg HEBER, Nature Publishing Group, United Kingdom
- Rod RUOFF, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Freddy BOEY, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- BIOMATERIALS & HEALTHCARE (BH)
- ENERGY & THE ENVIRONMENT (EE)
- ELECTRONIC MATERIALS (EM)
- OPTICAL MATERIALS (OM)
- MAGNETIC MATERIALS & SPINTRONICS (MM)
- CARBON-BASED MATERIALS (CM)
- Plenary lectures by internationally renowned researchers
- Seminars directed toward providing perspective and guidance on key aspects of early career development
- Small-scale, focused panel discussions to conclude technical sessions, allowing young, leading researchers to actively engage international colleagues
- ICYRAM-wide panel discussions with both young and senior researchers focusing on subjects of importance to the entire materials community
- Web-based social and scientific networking for conference participants to interact prior, during and after the conference
- The Inaugural IUMRS/MRS-S Young Researcher Award to be presented
- Poster sessions and poster awards
- Social events